Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Veri Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli

Lately I've been on a chicken and rice kick. Surprise, Surprise. We already know that I always make chicken dishes - I really need to start changing my menu. I also never seem to use an actual recipe. I tend to just throw together anything I can find, but it all manages to turn out just fine.

My mom introduced me to this Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce when she used it to marinate grilled chicken. It's a good switch from the usual Italian dressing marinade. Check out their website for a bunch of delicious looking recipes. 




Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli
Boneless chicken breast
Teriyaki sauce (I like Soy Vay's)
Broccoli
Instant rice
Chow mein noodles (optional)

1)  I used my handy-dandy George Foreman grill to cook the chicken. Marinade it in some teriyaki sauce before in a bag. You can also just pour it over the chicken as it grills, but this gets a bit messy. Or you can cook it in a skillet on the stove.

2)  Cook the rice as directed on the box. I used the microwave since it would take less time. It overflowed a little, so I would recommend putting some paper towel under the bowl. 

3)  Cook the broccoli as instructed on the bag (if you're using the frozen stuff).

4)  Once everything is cooked, mix it all in a bowl. Add some extra Teriyaki sauce for more flavor. 

  
This took probably 15 minutes tops. Next time I make it, I'll probably add some onions to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment