Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Colorful Revolution

The past couple years I have tried giving up cookies for Lent. Did it ever work? Of course not. I think the longest I lasted was about two weeks - and that wasn't counting Sundays. This year I decided against the no cookie ordeal since I always cave in. Instead I've opted for no snacking after 9PM (another weakness of mine).

So I'm switching things up a bit. I'm obviously craving sweets - cookies especially - and wanted a simple cookie recipe. I fell in love with these simple cookies made from a yellow cake mix years ago when my mom whipped up a batch.


M&M Cookies 
Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 C butter or margarine (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 pkg M&M baking bits

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed. Drop dough on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool for about a minute before placing on wire racks. 

Viola! Simple as that. The only problem I ran into was the bottoms burning. I'm still not used to an electric oven and am a horrible judge of time.

A lot of cake mixes have recipes on the side for a cookie variation. Have you tried turning any cake mixes into cookies? What are you favorites? Some of my favorites:

Lemony Crisps
Funfetti Cookies
Or just use your favorite cake mix

No comments:

Post a Comment