Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simple Breakfast Burrito

I had an ingenious idea the other day. While stuffing admit packets at the Law School, I started pondering what I would make for lunch. I'm getting really tired of the usual ham sandwich I've made myself since 1st grade. I remembered I had some grape tomatoes and mushrooms and assumed a salad would be fine. Scratch that - no lettuce. So I settled on an omelet, before I remembered I had tortillas. BINGO! Breakfast burrito it is. (I can also thank Bandit Burrito for the inspiration - I had one a few weeks again and it was amazing)

I realize this is just a simple concoction of a few ingredients, but that's what this is all about. I'm all for as few ingredients as possible - and combining whatever I have in the kitchen.

Breakfast Burrito
- Tortilla
- 2 eggs
- grape tomatoes
- mushrooms
- ham
- Mexican cheese

I would suggest heating the tortilla in the oven while you cook the eggs. Just wrap it in foil and let it warm at about 250 degrees.

I scrambled my eggs first. While those are cooking, cut up any vegetables or meat you want to add. Once the eggs are just about ready, add the veggies. Warm them up to your liking. Add some cheese if desired.
 So simple. The second time I made this I added salsa for some zip. It made it 10 times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment